Super-insulated and airtight, our New Zealand Made Smart Structural Insulation Panels (NZSIP) is the easiest way to build a next-generation, healthy, energy-efficient home.
115mm Smart, Wall & Roof Panels: Includes 90mm LVL framing for doors and window frames.
- 90mm of High Density PUR foam core.
- R 4.5 of insulation.
- Weight from 20Kg/m2 (Standard Wall Panel)
165mm Smart Floor, Wall & Roof Panels: Includes 140mm LVL framing for floor joists, doors and window frames.
- 140mm of High Density PUR foam core
- R 7 of insulation
- Weight from 22Kg/m2 (Standard Wall Panel) to 24.7Kg/m2 (Standard Roof Panel)
215mm Smart Roof Panels: Includes190mm LVL framing for roof ends.
- 190mm of High Density PUR foam core
- R 9.4 of insulation
- Weight from 27.9Kg/m2 (Standard Roof Panel)
our Smart Panels are custom manufactured for your home
Our panels are custom built to a myriad of different shapes and sizes to fit your home design in our factory. The panels are then injection molded to reduce all possible material waste.
Standard Smart Wall panel sheet sizes: Up to 1220 mm wide and 3m high and can be connected together to make taller and wider wall areas.
Standard Roof & Floor panel sheet sizes: Up to 1220 mm wide and 3.6m long and can be connected together to make longer and wider roof and floor areas.
Smart Panel PRICING:
The cost of NZSIP Smart Panel envelope should only equate to approximately 8 to 12% of the cost of your finished build yet will double if not triple your homes energy performance and comfort .
We offer a full envelope solution which is based on the size and complexity of your design, or you can opt for individual components such as Walls, Roof or Floor panels.
- All prices includes timber such as panel top plates, panel joining splines, framing for door & window openings and all in-panel beam supports and joists.
- Prices also include a high performance building wrap breathable moisture membrane applied as standard on all wall panels.
Panel prices are comparable to timber frame solutions due to reduction in labour but with far better energy performance.
A concept price can be provided from your plans, for a very high performance home solution suitable for the whole country:
- 115mm NZSIP Smart Wall with R4.5 insulation
- 165mm NZSIP Smart Roof with R7 insulation
For more specialized homes and cooler climate builds consider:
- 165mm NZSIP Smart Wall with R7 insulation
- 215mm NZSIP Smart Roof with R9.4 insulation
For homes on piles or over basements:
- 165mm NZSIP Smart Floor with R7 insulation (includes additional structural timber to sit on bearers)
Our Pricing does not include install labour costs. However we are here to support your build and assist your licensed building practitioner to install NZSIP Smart Panels and as a starting point please visit our Recommended Professionals to find a home builder or installer.
Additional pricing information:
The NZSIP SmartPanel system provides a turnkey solution for creating the building's envelop, with minimal labour and materials required on site. Our prices reflect efficiency gained by in-factory installed panel components as below:
- All pricing includes timber such as panel top plates, panel joining splines, framing for door & window openings and all in-panel beam supports and joists.
- Prices include a high performance building wrap breathable moisture membrane applied as standard on all wall panels.
International studies show you should expect about 50% labour content saving compared to the construction of a standard code compliant timber frame home, with even more savings if comparing to building with air tightness wraps and air barrier taping.
Please note specialized specific engineering timber like structural lintels above an wide opening are not included in our prices. In-Panel molded engineering timber (HySpan or LVL13) and machined angled timber for roof joins ('Rake Plates') are supplied as separate prices according to project engineering requirements.
You will also have bottom plate timber costs that are specific to the foundation used as an additional building cost, and the cost of fixings and air tightness tapes will be estimated specifically for each build.
Please send scale building elevations & plans in PDF format to email@example.com if you would like a specific cost estimate.
Watch the video below to better understand how our high performance Smart Panels are manufactured.
Compare Conventional Timber Frame Build to Smart Panels
In the same time it takes you to stand a pre-nail timber frame & truss roof, you can install an entire air & watertight, super-insulated Smart Wall & Roof system—with over twice the energy performance.
147mm Framing with a Rigid Air Barrier
Raw material Cost from: $110* m2 – Excluding install
True finished wall R value: R 2.7
Draft level of at least 5ACH
115mm Smart Wall Panel with ProClima
Raw material Cost from :Approx 30% more* – Excluding install
True finished wall R value: R 4.5
Draft level of 1ACH or less - Passive House Standard
Find out more on how the system works with our introduction to NZSIP Smart Panels →
*Cost of standard framing and Smart Panels, pricing may differ depending on engineering required.
The concept of building a house with no heating in one of the coldest parts of New Zealand may sound a little strange – but that didn't stop Queenstown couple Michael Sly and Jodie Lynes from creating a cost-effective climate house.
Not only is the stunning result a constant 23 degrees, but it also produces enough energy for its own electrical consumption and to charge their electric car.
Read our installation manual and learn how easy it is…
Introducing a new warm dry housing solution for New Zealand
“SMART 50” Kits Set for $36,995.00 excluding GST and Freight, a standardised 50 Sqm, 1-2 bedroom home
What's included in the price?
● 115mm Smart Wall Panels R value 4.5
● 165 Smart Roof Panels R value 7
● 165 Smart Floor Panels R value 7
● All Panel Fixings
● All Timber for bottom plates, top plates, lintels,
ridge beams, rake plates
● Pro Clima internal and external tapes
● Foundations, Windows, Cladding, and Solar not supplied by NZSIP
*Please note decking and porch are not included or offered
Call us now to discuss your SMART50. 0800 2 NZSIP (0800 269 747) or email firstname.lastname@example.org